All current MacEwan students, faculty, and staff have free access to Grammarly Premium, provided by the Student Technology Fund. Go to https://grammarly.com and log in (or log in through the prompts that any Grammarly plugins might provide) with your MacEwan credentials.
- Compatible with many devices (laptop/desktop computers, tablets, phones) and operating systems (Windows, Android, iOS)
- Works with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and web browser (Beta version available for Google Docs)
- Offers explanations along with suggestions so you can decide whether to accept or reject a suggestion
- Has many instructional grammar resources available as well as a blog about writing so you can learn more about improving your skills
Grammarly offers helpful articles on dozens of tech support topics. We've linked below to the most common topics our users have identified, but to see all topics available, visit support.grammarly.com
Installing and Signing Into Grammarly
- Installing the Desktop App (Windows or Mac)
- Enabling the Browser Extension (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge)
- Disabling the Browser Extension
- Adding Grammarly for Microsoft Office (Windows)
- Adding Grammarly for Microsoft Word (Mac)
- Grammarly Keyboard for Android
- Grammarly Keyboard for iPad
- Signing In
*Note: Your student or employee email account is registered with Grammarly, but not your MacEwan password. When you follow the link in your invitation email, you will need to set up an account using a password of your choice.
- Can't Log In to Grammarly for Microsoft Office
- Can't Install Grammarly for Microsoft Office
- Grammarly Tab Doesn't Appear in Microsoft Word for Mac
Submit a Support Request If you cannot find the answers to your questions in any of the topics above or by going to the full Grammarly support page, you can submit a request to get help from Grammarly. To submit a support request with Grammarly, click here.