RO@M Has a New Home
MacEwan’s institutional repository, RO@M, has moved to a new locally hosted, open-source software platform, DSpace. This widely used repository software will help ensure the longevity and sustainability of this service.
What does this mean for RO@M users?
- Faculty and staff can still deposit works by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by sharing their citations with the library each year through the eCV/annual report.
- Students can deposit works with faculty approval by using a Student Deposit Form that has been moved to the library website.
- Old links to records in RO@M will redirect to their new location. We would encourage users to share the new “permanent links” for these records with others moving forward.
- Each record in RO@M now includes a Statistics link where users can see usage analytics.
- Author profiles are no longer available in RO@M. We will, however, explore the creation of new, basic profiles for MacEwan faculty and staff at a future date.
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of this important initiative to digitally preserve and share the scholarly and creative output of the MacEwan community.